Wednesday, September 10, 2008

wild pack of family dogs

The Utah State Fair is upon us again and though you will spend $20 in the blink of an eye, still leave hungry and have only ridden one ride, there are plenty of great reasons to go.

One I wasn't expecting though, was the joy that would come from this booth.

David stops to casually peruse the wildlife t-shirts...but quickly things turn serious. He goes back and forth between two in particular; one a scene of two deer walking through a forest, the other a noble wolf howling in the mountains. Walking around the booth, Danny runs across a denim colored tee with the top half of overalls painted on the front and a baby snow tiger in the pocket. He immediately purchases.

In the excitement Dallas spots one with an eagle soaring through a canyon, glories in it's majesty, and also purchases. Meanwhile, David has convinced Paul that he also wants a wildlife t-shirt and between the brothers both the deer and the wolf will live. As the boys pay for their finds, Janelle spots the childrens' section and on a purple background, a unicorn running on a shore speaks to her.

So I walk around the rest of the night with this crowd.

Which was a pleasure really.


(click on either of these last two photos to enlarge, cus you really should check out the detail...)

11 comments:

Katy and Mike said...

AMAZING!!! Mike and I have a huge wall in our family room that is currently blank, and one of our top options for decorating it is to have a mural painted on it of the classic wolf head howling with the moon behind it (I'm sure you saw this exact shirt there too)!

CoCo said...

Emily, where's YOUR t-shirt?

Whits said...

One those pictures should be an album cover (or at least in the inside booklet)

Megan said...

Once again, Danny's wardrobe has convinced me that he needs to be my best friend. The first time I met him he was wearing a shirt with a baby in a snuggli. now the snow leopard tucked in the overalls? Honestly.

Em, did you make a purchase?

Also, I don't know Janelle, but if she loves purple unicorn shirts that I need to be her friend too.

EC I want your life. Its glorious. But then again if I had your life it wouldn't be glorious because you're what makes it so... I guess I need more of YOU in MY life.

Dang that sounds cheesey. Cheesey but true.



And long.

Ems said...

coco, after Janelle got the unicorn all that was left were geckos or others to earnest in their presentation to be ironically funny.

Lizbot said...

Dang. I always miss the parties!

CoCo said...

:(
but understandable.

i i eee said...

I love how Janelle is nuzzling the Tall One's armpit with her face (sorry, I don't remember his name).

Callie said...

I miss the state fair. Did you happen to see the world's fattest pig?! That thing is HU. GE.

Anonymous said...

Umm, I don't know this danny character but he gets 3 points for the shirt.

Miaken said...

oh...my...hell...these are too good! Ad i must say, I love your writing style. And I miss your face...and I really really really want to see you!