Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I shall be released

Today on my bike, in the cool morning air, I chased down a train for 10 blocks and caught the sonofabitch. I can now categorically say that is the best feeling ever. Let me further contribute to the autumn talk that is everywhere these days by saying my general disposition improves as the leaves change and I can wear layers and scarves everyday. This stage in between the hot and dry and the cold and snow always feels like such a gift of practically perfect. This year my love of the season is amplified because I have discovered that there is nothing more invigorating than riding a bike in this weather and filling my lungs with fall air as I peddle around my life. It is amazing.

On top of that, the news this morning told me Warren Buffet might save us, the presidential debates are this weekend, and Bob at work just sent me 6 TV shows to watch, so what a great day already.

I meant to post this yesterday because Wilco sent out this link, which strikes my patriotic heart's fancy. What a great idea and getting a Wilco/Fleet Foxes cover of a Dylan song should be reason enough to vote if one of the millions of other reasons doesn't do it for you...

1 comment:

k8 said...

I'm writing in Warren Buffet for president. i might have lost my confidence that either of these candidates can clean up this mess...