Monday, September 8, 2008

this apparatus must be unearthed

I'm trying to get all the way through 2001: a space odyssey right now. Some years ago my friend Jonathan had people over to watch The Wizard of Oz set to The Dark Side of The Moon record (which was totally awesome) and we watched the 2001 scene that works with Pink Floyd too. But besides that and the handful of times I watched clips for film classes, I've never watched the whole thing from beginning to end...because you know, it's kind of boring. It's also beautiful so I'm trying to let that part win today.

But my point for coming to post really is that I have two friends who have each created excellent green blogs. I like Judy's blog, Make A Better Earth because she talks about realistically applying environmentally helpful habits into your life. And Erin's blog, GREEN on the poor scene is great because it stresses treating the earth right even when you're working with a tight budget.

Also, both of these women are awesome. In real life they are each striving to lead healthy and productive lives for themselves and guiding their friends and families to do the same. Seeing that work is inspiring to me and I'm delighted to count them as friends and to soak up their wise advice. So read their blogs because otherwise the terrorists win. GO AMERICA!!

1 comment:

Judy Neil said...

aw. I just saw this. I am behind on the internet these days. thanks.