Thursday, September 4, 2008

september baby

I used to think a book and a park was the best way to spend my lunch hour, but then nephew came into my life.

And now, this is the best way to spend an hour.

Because you get to see this,

and admire those eyelashes that your brother passed onto his baby.

There is a tiny right arm that finds it's way into your armpit,

and adorable socks on legs that are finally filling out which you kind of want to squeeze until they pop (but you won't).

Then he'll readjust, sink his head into your shoulder and put a perfect hand on your neck (which makes butterflies).

And since he dropped the soothie out of his mouth in the adjustment then you get to see those lips and keep irritating him by kissing them.

And then for your patience and near perfect care, he'll wake up and thank you by smiling at his mama like she's the only woman on the planet.

So I guess maybe I just need one of my own right? Any takers?

9 comments:

Megan said...

Emily, your blog is a pleasure. That baby is the luckiest in the world. And come over and play with my babies. I have more than I know what to do with.

Dainon. said...

All that stuff is cool and all, but you've overlooked the best part: CASH across his chest. I'm beaming with pride and he's not even related to me.

Naomi said...

Danny will.

k8 said...

oh SWOON! I want to nap with that baby!!!

Kylie said...

That kid is SO DANG CUTE!!! Watch out girls! =)

Senja said...

oh man - i would love to come over just for seeing this little guy and watching 90210 together with you.

he is really beautiful. :)

bex said...

you can always just steal one. i recommend Disneyland - there are lots to choose from there.

Rebekah said...

Thank you for posting pictures of Morgan. I can't believe how quickly babies grow.

Ashley said...

He's so adorable.

And yes, let's get together and watch the crap shows (you know the two I mean). I will bring the Diet Dr.