Tuesday, September 9, 2008

a good man is hard to find

Last week I fell in love again with my old boyfriend Sufjan Stevens. We met in August four years ago after I got home from Armenia. It was amazing and filled my ears...and there were horns! So I knew it was love. And I've always loved him but sometimes other boyfriends have gotten a lot of my attention. So when Sufjan Stevens showed up for the first time in a long while randomly on my iPod last Monday when it was a holiday and rainy, it felt perfect. I wondered why it had been such a long time since we'd been together (and so did he!) so during the rest of the week he kept me company on my train rides to and from work. We went on a couple of drives together and he sang me to sleep over the weekend.

And I remembered all the reasons why he is so fantastic, this particular one ranking near the very top.

3 comments:

k8 said...

oh i love him so much.

Bret Baker said...

i oft think of him and if it would be alright to name my first born son after him.

Tasha said...

You should marry him. I reckon he'd do as a brother-in-law-in-law.