Tuesday, September 23, 2008

television, television

So I think I've been pretty clear so far about my love of television. And I watch a crapload of shows because one of the designers at my office brings in everything he Tivos and puts it on our server...all in the name of building a creative atmosphere of course. So you can only imagine my delight in the fall when it all comes back after a summer of separation.

Heroes my friend...I love you and I also kind of hate you. Not the love/hate I feel for 90210, because that is straight up hate. But you still bug me sometimes like when Silar conveniently finds all the bad guy files on Claire's kitchen table in a box labeled Dad's Office. Really guys? You've come a long way since Season 1 or last year with the flying kid ("I know you can heal yourself Claire, but I never want to see you hurt"), but in this premiere you reminded me that you still have the potential to make me roll my eyes.

Luckily you will always have this:


Oh 30 Rock and Pushing Daisies and Friday Night Lights, I can't wait to see you too!

9 comments:

Lizbot said...

I, too, love/hate Heroes. It's so ridiculous, it's great! Me and my co-workers thoroughly enjoy ourselves when discussing tv shows like this one.

Ems said...

Liz you are totally right, its a great one to talk about at work...we always end up discussing the next day.

Kylie said...

SPOILERS!

Oh man! The worst was the Suresh parts. I usually like Suresh but when he injected himself, he turned into a really bad actor! Whatever though, you know I'll keep watching....

Ems said...

he injected himself with bad acting! kylie you're right! that must be how Nicki/Tracy/Slutty McSlutterson got her powers too!

JC said...

Ummmm....The Office? You don't just watch that then let it segue into 30 Rock?

k8 said...

wait are you not watching gossip girl this season-because last night was SUPER awesome.

Ems said...

Jeff I am still an Office fan, but 30 Rock is like the best thing ever.

And Katie, I am still TOTALLY watching Gossip Girls, it's just that we're already into that new season whereas the others haven't started yet. Chuck Bass! Mother Chucker!

CoCo said...

Funny b/c my love/hate for Heroes is so much more love. I've never been one for comic books, which is maybe why I take a very forgiving approach to (admitted) absurdities.

Let's be honest, I'm sure I'd love comic books if I ever gave them a chance; I mean if you look at my DVR it's a little heavy on sci-fi network and the action oriented shows.

Save yourself. Save the world.

k8 said...

phew! there was actually a change in Serena's face on Monday night when she went all evil...