Friday, September 19, 2008

blow by blow

So it's funny that a girl who knows basically nothing about video games works in the industry, owns 2 PSPs and a PS3 and has been to E3. So even more funny then is that that same girl also knows basically nothing about alternative sports but got to go to the AST Dew Tour last week because of that video game job. I guess I need to learn some crap about both those things!

But since PlayStation was a major sponsor and since we had worked on some of the Dew Tour promotional stuff, I got a weekend of dirty boys on skateboards and bikes.

Conveniently my friend Aaron is like a 12 year old boy so when I saw him at the BMX dirt finals on Friday, he was able to explain to me the competition and catch me up on the rider details.

And I was both nervous someone would break an important bone and totally impressed by the tricks at the same time.


Here is the fruits of our labors which is always so fun to see in real life (if you ever go to Blockbuster with me I will drag you through the video games and point out all of our titles, just FYI).

I enjoyed Saturday with these people even though most of them weren't really that helpful with competition details.

OMG IT'S RYAN SHECKLER!!!!! (but I really do love the Life of Ryan)

But my favorite part of the Skate Park Finals was 14 year old Chaz Ortiz winning. He was seriously so adorable and even though most of the competitors are like 40 year olds, skating and teenagers just seems right.

Over all though, Sandro Dias and the Skate Vert were the best (he's on the left above the ramp). That event was so much fun.

And I learned that Utah is the State of Sport! I had no idea so the weekend was informative on many levels really. Thanks video games!

9 comments:

Star Gazer said...

How very cool! I'm glad we're blogging friends now. :)

JC said...

WTF? You went to E3?

cropstar said...

Color me jealous!

i i eee said...

Way jealous as well! I've always wanted to go to one of those things... even though I'm also quite clueless about the sport(s). But mondo fundo.

us said...

I am so jealous. I wanted to take Statton to the Dew tour so bad, but we weren't able to make it. Looks like it was so fun, and I had no idea you did stuff like that for your job. Exciting!

Senja said...

so awesome.
{and guess what, i like that show, too} surprised? ;)
too bad they don't have it anymore!

Anonymous said...

the state of sport? really?

Senja said...

no, i meant 'the life of ryan' :) sorry, wasn't very clear.
seems we like the same shows!

marlamuppets said...

that is pretty awesome. i've never been to anything like this before. adventurous!
fav line:
I got a weekend of dirty boys on skateboards and bikes
may we all be so lucky.