Thursday, September 11, 2008

a long and a sad goodbye

Today is a day not unlike most days for me...there is work now and school studying later and too much diet dr. pepper throughout the day. And it's not much different for me probably because I don't have a personal connection to anyone whose life was lost on September 11, 2001. But it still feels somber. I woke up to news about the memorial at ground zero and the moments of silence. I have remembered the things I felt 7 years ago as there was first confusion everywhere and then immense sadness as the reality of what had happened was realized...such a strange time.

I mostly just hope all those friends and families feel okay today, my thoughts are with them. Hug the people you love today.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Nicely put. Thanks for this.