Monday, January 26, 2009

ribbons undone

Sundance wraps up today with the award winning films playing FREE at Rose Wagner tonight. I didn't hit my 10 movie goal but last night I did watch a lot of Dexter (I love it). I also finally finished a little knitting project I started in December. I actually finished it on Christmas Day, but then since I am apparently not smart enough to figure out how to make a couple of ribbon bows, it has taken me until now to totally complete.

Even without the bows though, I think it's still pretty adorable.


Detail on the back:


It has some complicated rows but knits quickly and really is pretty simple as far as skill level is concerned.


In the middle of the ribbon drama, I realized I knew no one with a baby girl who is still tiny enough for the little thing through the remaining winter months. Luckily, Joel reminded me that another old elementary school friend, Hugh, and his wife recently had their first, so I am mailing it out today to the new little family.

15 comments:

Brittany said...

I'm so jealous that I don't have a tiny little girl!

Anne said...

That hat is beautiful! Nice work!!

Kylie said...

WOW! GOOD JOB! Mine still looks exactly the same as when I left our knitting meeting. Ugh, now I'm not sure I can re-figure it out again. At least I'm knitting a scarf!

The Funderburks said...

Darling. I want to buy one of those from you for my unborn children!!

Ems said...

hey thanks brittany, anne and kylie!

kylie it really took pounding through a couple of hours and a little improvising, but if you just stick with it, it totally works. I didn't think it was going to even at the end but that's when it all comes together.

and nicole...remember how you cleaned our apartment all the time? I totally owe you at least a little baby bonnet!

k8 said...

seriously the cutest thing ever.

CoCo said...

blah blah blah on your clever crafty skills ... let's talk about how AWESOME Dexter is!

CoCo said...

p.s. your project is adorable and clever and cute.

Lexie said...

I'm with Brittany. I love it!

*Jane Lee* said...

I wish I knew how to knit. I love the bonnet you made and I wish I KNEW for sure if I was having a girl because I want one. Will you make me this hat if I have a girl along with your bonnet? http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=20277865

I'll pay. :) I should find out in March if I'm adding to our boy clan or finally getting my little gal pal.

Ems said...

oh jane that one you linked is really fun (and looks really easy too I think).

Greg and Jayne said...

It is so cute! Maybe you can get me started on one this weekend.

Jamie said...

Can I order one for my sister's baby due in March??? Puh-leeease!

corinne said...

this is weird, i swear i posted on your blog a comment about this, and how proud i am of you for finishing the bonnet! maybe i am losing my mind! anyway i am so proud of you, and i am still ashamedly, at square one.

Mimi said...

Emily- I love your blog. So fun to find out you have one. It's very honest and pure. This hat is adorable! Hint! Hint! So excited to get to know you better and to see what my brothers upto!