Wednesday, January 28, 2009

trying my best to love you

All morning I've been watching the snow out of my office window...the fat flakes moving with purpose earlier, the lighter flakes moseying on down after that, and recently the tiny flutters that remain.

I'll take the winter on days like this when the valley is white and the mountains occasionally peak out from behind a thick wall of clouds. I'd prefer to take these days from my couch with something warm to knit and something comforting to watch. But instead I'll make due at my desk with a heater at my feet and Jenny Lewis in my headphones.

I've been a pretty alright fan of hers in the past, but this last album sold me for sure, I love this song.

2 comments:

CoCo said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LADY!

CoCo said...

I KNOW I'M A DAY EARLY ... BUT I WANT TO ENSURE YOU LOTS OF WISHES TOMORROW.