Monday, January 5, 2009

thanks and praise

Internet! I left you for my couch and 2 weeks of no work, but I am back around now. I didn't get up my last set of thankful photos before the break so here are the things that took me through to Christmas.

December 15 - Boots! I lived through 26 winters not realizing how manageable it can be if your feet are properly (and adorably) shoed. Amazing!

December 16 - Our Christmas tree at night. I think it's lovely.

December 17 - Sunny winter days. I'll take a blizzard once a week and if the rest of the the time the sun can be out.

December 18 - I maybe speak about/post pictures of Morgan and his mother all.
the.
time.
but I always love it when it occasionally works that Christopher and I are both not busy at the same time because it's delightful to see that little brother of mine.

December 19 - I know this isn't a picture I took but everyone should go see Slumdog Millionaire because it's like the best movie ever.

December 20 - having enough space (and cute cups!) to last minute host all these people. Don't worry, this is pre-prayer, not during a prayer.

December 21 - So I wasn't actually there, but this is Katie stuffed in an oversized stocking. Which fits nicely with other pictures I have of Katie ohh...covered in wrapping paper. Or Katie tied into her coat. Or Katie loaded with too many scarves. The boys always come up with something clever to do to her when she visits.

December 22 - The women I spent many a'weekend with toilet papering cute boys' houses.


December 23 - My friend Aaron (who has yet to learn that if you turn your head I keep taking pictures). We became friends this summer and I'm glad he's around still.


Now here is the thing I have thought a lot about with this little project...mostly I ended up with photos of people and stuff that keeps me warm. So if those are the things that matter the most to me, why do I have closets and space and a life full of other things? 2009 shall usher in a simplification for me (hopefully...).

4 comments:

CoCo said...

Two things.
1) Glad to hear an endorsement of Slumdog, b/c I have wanted to see it, and now I'll make sure to make time to seee it.

2) When I got to the pre-prayer photo, I was totally fixated on the blonde in the middle, b/c in my mind it was "oh! I know her", but then I realized I don't and that it's Tasha's sister. We can continue to be "false friends" (not to be confused with frenemy).

i i eee said...

I'm a fan of lists, so in CoCo's example:

1) Slumdog Millionaire is fanatastic. I just wish it wasn't rated R because that means my parents won't see it (no matter how much I tell them it could easily go on TV unedited).

2) It warms my wintry heart that I got to meet Katie. I like her even more now that I see how nicely she fits in a stocking.

3) I love your thankful photo posts. It always makes me want to copy you, but then I forget that that means I actually have to take pictures on a regular basis.

4) Someone was talking about simplifying the other day -- don't remember who it was -- about this concept of only owning 100 things. Hmmm....

k8 said...

ugh, those boys. i got stuffed in a stocking after they had already tried to suffocate me with my own turtleneck. I always thought getting married would stop that behaviour but Aaron set us straight on that one didn't he?

it was a delight to meet you as well miss i i eee. best party dress of 2009.

and i had no idea Slumdog was rated r???? for what??

Ems said...

yeah, I don't get the Slumdog rating. the best Soffe and I could come up with is just the content itself maybe? but further proof why I don't put any stock in the current rating system...