Thursday, January 8, 2009

autumn all the time

Sister Katie and Friend Dainon recently had themselves a song off via their two blogs. Dainon challenged me for his second try, so the rules are as follows.

You listen to my song. You go to Dainon's blog and listen to his song. Then you leave a comment with your vote for your favorite of the two. There is no theme, the goal is to just present two great songs.

My song, a hidden gem by The Sugarplastic. My friend Dave passed it my way some years ago, I pass it to you now. It's perfect...breezy lyrics, drums in the middle that sound like something Phil Spector would have created, the feeling everything is going to be better than okay.

Turn it up loud please. And don't be ashamed to close your eyes.



Now go to Dainon's song.

13 comments:

Hoon said...

oh geez. that song means so many things. i'm so glad you posted it.

Unknown said...

Well, I loved your song already, so there's no question that you win. I didn't like Dainon's choice. Gold star for you.

Lee said...

Emily wins, and I'm pissed that I have never heard that song before. Please stop holding out.

Anonymous said...

You win.

Shelby said...

Em's choice for me. I love autumn.

Dainon. said...

Ha. You're kicking my trash, but I like it. You speak to the hipster heart so much better than I do. ;)

Good tune. Good show.

Laurie said...

I have to give my vote to yours, Emily. I did like Dainon's video, but the ultimate song choice goes to you.

Great choice of song!

ibis27 said...

you win

Jodi said...

I thought they both were great, and I therefore bought them both immediately, but Emily wins!

i i eee said...

I'm sort of torn. I like each song for different reasons.

But I think my vote this time goes to the cliff.

Christopher Clifford said...

I vote for Emily's song.

I don't know if this counts, but my blogless boss wants me to put a vote down for Dainon's song.

So one and one.

cropstar said...

Sorry. Dainon gets my vote. His song made me want to dance more than this one did. And it's all about dancing for me.

John-E-Boi said...

Though I liked both songs quite a bit, I couldn't decide, so I left the decision making up to a much sterner judge than I, my 15 month old.

She grooved to Dainon's Track so much more than The Cliff's, and even bit me on the shoulder with excitement...which means Dainon was the Winner!