Thursday, January 15, 2009

village green preservation society

When I was a kid, hands down my favorite color was red. I loved red everything. And as a little person who had (has) a hard time coming up with absolute answers (what if I say pizza is my favorite, when it's not all the time!?!!!), having one for sure 'About Me' kind of answer on those elementary school questionnaires was a relief.

So I stuck with it. What's your favorite color? Red. Easy, done.

Then I noticed a few years ago, that I was starting to feel much more drawn to earthy colors, particularly green. So no problem, I liked green. But as a grown up, who cares about favorite colors? It doesn't really come up and you don't think like an 11 year old anymore.

But this morning when I opened my bag at school to get out my computer I was horrified by what I saw:

I even buy green drinks? Come on Emily...

And then I came to work and saw it all again, but needed to hydrate so I took out my Nalgene bottle and, ahhhh!!!


Then I dropped a chip on my lap and I remembered I'm wearing a sweet Forever 21 scarf:

Yikes!

I'm not that person, I don't want to be that person who is oddly obsessive about something that is normally totally benign. Cus you know that even if you think that person is nice, you still totally think there is something wrong with them. I don't want to wake up in a house someday that is all green and have to wear only green clothes.

But I thought I was being careful, I thought I curb the green crap I buy and look what still happened...I don't want to be a crazy!







(Oh, but just for the record, pizza totally IS my favorite all the time now.)

7 comments:

marshall p said...

green is a little bit my favorite color lately, too.

also my word verification was green and the word was "catest". spook-y.

Anonymous said...

Dearest Emily-

You are not weird.

You are wonderful and so is green.

Love,

That Other Emily

Meikel said...

oh emily, it isn't easy being green.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpiIWMWWVco

Greg and Jayne said...

Green is the color of nature - and not the new oh so correct behavior, nature - just there real thing. So good choice! For now at least. My favorite too.

us said...

Get over it! Green is a fabulous color!!

becky said...

i had a roommate who was obsessed with turquoise. like, everything she owned was turquoise. it was sort of sickening. then i found out her mother was obsessed with purple. to the point of having purple carpet in her home. please don't ever become that. but for now, keep loving and buying green things because green is awesome!

Unknown said...

Hi all. I have read a lot about Green drink and it's health benefits. I was searching for the best green drink on the Google but left puzzled with millions of products available on Internet.I am wondering if anybody here can suggest me the best green drink for health.