Wednesday, January 21, 2009

get it like you like it

So we are one week into the Sundance Film Festival here in Utah. Which means I am one week into being the boss of the Salt Lake Theatres. Just kidding! I'm not the boss, but rather I make sure that the Rose Wagner, Broadway Theatres and Tower are running smoothly and correctly. And they all are so you should go see movies there.

I usually get in at least 10 films and so far I'm behind with a grand total of just 4 at this point, but I have high hopes for the rest of the week. I do, however, have some highlights of my Festival so far:

-A conversation in the 9th and 9th Barbacoa with Mathieu Kassovitz, most famously known as Nino from Amelie.


-Rain boots the nice grandma volunteer Dora at The Tower gave me because she said she was too old to wear them and because she was "excited how fu***** adorable they will look on you Emily."


-My favorite of my 4 films, No Impact Man


-Ushering Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon into a movie at the Broadway. She was wearing a tiny dress and heels and sparkling everywhere.

-The pattern on the couch in the Rose Wagner Volunteer lounge.

4 comments:

CoCo said...

Duh! Dora was spot on (bad pun intended) about those boots.

Anne said...

Ooh, I have a big fat crush on Mathieu Kassovitz. You lucky lucky girl.

k8 said...

those don't look like Tretorns to me Emily dear.

JTA said...

Man, I feel like I'm right there with you in all the action. So Mariah Carey really does have sparkles tattooed all over her body?