Thursday, October 30, 2008

we suck young blood

I donated blood today for the first time in a year and half. I used to go pretty regularly but then I went to Armenia last year spring and it's just ghetto enough to keep you on the bad list for a whole year. But it was good to be back because I love donating blood. I'm sure it's the teacher's pet in me, but I love answering all the questions correctly, I love when they tell me my blood pressure and temperature are great and I love that my veins empty blood into the bags quickly and efficiently...and I love thinking it might just help someone who needs it more than I do.

But I do not love the post-oh-so-flattering bandage that squeezes arm all over the place.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, though what I stick in my gut 4 times a week comes from plasma donations, I appreciate people who can giving.

Naomi said...

I used to be a pretty regular blood donor as well. Why don't I more often?

Brittany said...

Yeah for people who donate blood! More need to, there is ALWAYS a need! Good work Em.