Wednesday, October 22, 2008

we carry on

So I clearly had a fun weekend since I plastered it all over the internet. In fact I had a whole nice week last week with the fall break and the stress of school being lifted momentarily. I read some fascinating articles for a class on Monday. I had a great time last night catching up with some dear friends over knitting and Friday Night Lights (my oh my do I love that show). I'm going to they gym again after a few months hiatus. I finally finished You Shall Know Our Velocity! and felt like I always do after Eggers (great). Naomi and I have our Pumpkin Carving Party tomorrow night which was a delight last year and something I am completely looking forward to this year.

But I feel like crap today anyway. I've had a difficult work week (and it's only Wednesday!) and while there is always learning and growing from that kind of thing, ugh...it still just stinks. It puts a kind of pit in your stomach like no kind of personal problem can and I always forget that until I'm staring at the stupid hole. It's not better or worse, it's just it's own little jerk, and like everything, takes time to fix (which I hate).

On the bright side, it brings up another really important husband requirement...cus in situations like this the dude I end up with must be willing to fix me vegetables for dinner and not talk about my work issues but instead just keep his hand on the back of my neck for a nice long time.

And while I bet Naomi would do the vegetable part since she is good at feeding me when I appear pathetic, we both for sure draw the roommate line long before there is any kind of neck touching.

2 comments:

Naomi said...

The fact that I am still sitting in my bed in my PJs at 12:37 doing work speaks to there being something in the air.

How about some glazed apple cookies?

corinne said...

ems sorry things can suck sometimes. i hear ya. but on the bright side, last night was seriously the best Friday Night Lights episode I have seen yet! It brought me to tears three times. yep, three times. You need to come over and watch these all pronto, you now have THREE to catch up on! you are welcome any old time.