Thursday, October 2, 2008

it's 5!

Cindy posted her peacock highlights over on her blog, but I wanted to get some highlights up from the other night. The reason I set this up is because this seems like an activity that could get so spendy if you were doing it on your own, but everyone bringing a couple of things really opened it up. And I love the creativity that flows when you're all egging each other on.

Tasha and Tracy with the very popular rose stamp.

Erin encouraging Frances to carry on with her bird and leaf placemat set.

I was happy Hillary and Becca came because they are probably my favorite sister pair in the whole valley.

Erin wooed everyone with her very adorable words on tea towels.

Tasha made this one for Christopher for when he bikes with his phone number in case it gets lost (that is a terrible sentence).

Celeste and Kristina

Celeste had the patience for multicolored stamping which was very impressive.

Remember how last time I said Julia is the best at everything? She was again..

so I copied her straight up of course.

Emily brought the appealing horse and feather stamps that everyone wanted to use but that never really worked. But that's okay, it was just really great to have her there.

Briana and Liz

Briana brought paper to she work on and did some really great stuff with it.

Janelle made her own stamps and then made an awesome bandana.


And then boys showed up and ruined it all. Just kidding (but I'm actually totally on the fence about how I feel about a female only craft night because I don't like defining sex specific activities and I do know many a'crafty males. but I definitely do love gathering a bunch of amazing women in one place to get to know each other and bond without men. that's not crazy though right?).

8 comments:

Kylie said...

Not crazy at all! I love some girl time. :)

Emily, have you realized you are totally doing Out Skirts??? Seriously, I love it!

p.s. Let us know when your next craft night is!

Megan said...

Oh I'm so glad you posted pictures of this. Your craft nights are so awesome I was hoping to see how it turned out. I had to make those cake stands after seeing your last one. Good work.

Ems said...

both of you know you're always welcome right? I'm crappy at this kind of thing because never is there exclusivity involved, but I'm scatterbrained so I NEVER get all the people I mean to on an e-mail list.

come one, come all please...

CoCo said...

all women = not crazy.

it's called enrichment.

(i know you're gig is not the exact same.)

Julia said...

This was SO fun. I showed my aunt and she suggested doing a tablecloth or even a quilt!

Also, I have some ideas for the next night. But you're the one with all the contacts, so we need to join forces.

Kylie said...

You should do a google groups and have people subscribe to the list. That way, whenever you want to do a night, just pop out an email and waLA, everyone will know about it. Just an idea. ;)

But yeah, I totally want to come sometime!

frances said...

my mom better love those birds and leaves, dammit!

Cindy Bean said...

That was fun! Thanks for the invite. I was thinking about maybe doing a simple cross stitch/embroidery night sometime. Let's do it!