Friday, August 1, 2008

exit music (for a film)

I just watched this.

And if you like movies that seem to be making up the plot as it goes, then this is a good one to see. Uhhhh...throw some slow motion in! But also funny! Also a twist that doesn't make sense! Plus some heart set to music! Mostly though when is Jason Bateman going to play a guy who isn't a fool?

In better viewing, earlier this week, I saw this one:

It was funny in a cuter Curb Your Enthusiam kind of way. Although I could have done with less Sarah Silverman and more Bonnie Hunt.

I've been wanting to watch Bella for a long time and finally got around to it.

But I can't make a reasonable recommendation because this fogs my feelings:

7 comments:

Risa West said...

ooh eduardo...i became aware of this man when i was in high school and taking spanish...he sure is the most handsome mexican man i think i have ever seen

k8 said...

ummm, he doesn't even look real he's so hot.

AP said...

Too weird. Someone at work just told me I need to see Bella--I'd never even heard of it until just a few days ago. Maybe I'll give it a whirl. Did you like it?

Greg and Jayne said...

Uh - Tommy Lee who?

Ems said...

april, Bella was okay. I feel like the writer/directer was very earnest in his desire to convey a lot of intense emotions which ended up feeling kind of over the top, but I did like it and I did keep thinking about it after. And there is a scene with Eduardo and the main girl on the beach that is really, really nice.

Jamie said...

HAHAHA - I watched Bella a few weeks ago and was in a drooling stupor at the end because of that man. The movie - eh - no so much. The man ---delicious!

k8 said...

i love it that our mother loves Tommy Lee.