Friday, August 15, 2008

when it flows

It's Friday which is great. I might have gone to lunch twice as long as I should have really. Oops! Tonight I'm going to watch the third stage of the Tour of Utah, the Flat Fast Criterium, and I think it should be cool.

But yesterday my non-boyfriend boyfriend Danny reminded me that Great Lake Swimmers were playing at Kilby Court. I love those guys and they put on one of my favorite shows last summer so I was in for another round. The night was nice and we ran into my good friend Hillary and her sister so the four of us sat outside for a long time and laughed at Danny's jokes. Great Lake Swimmers were reflective and calm, like your ears are strained to hear something still in between the instruments and his voice. There were like 10 people there total and one of the light bulbs above was flickering in time with the drum peddle...all was as it should be.

They didn't play this one, but I love the video. Catching faces, it kind of perfectly shows why I love both still photography and motion film.

2 comments:

k8 said...

didn't paul jacobson open for them?

an illdressed foolishwise said...

clap your hands was fun... but i am really really sad that i didnt go to this show..

next time i will know which to choose.