Thursday, July 31, 2008

nothing new

I feel like this story illustrates well what it was like growing up in the Clifford household. You see, Tuesday at Christopher's birthday party my dad told us to follow him outside because he had something for each of us in his car. What could it be?


Oh. Boxes of kind of good cereal (note that Elizabeth and I ended up with double Raisin Brans and the boys with sugary delights).

They were on sale, I totally understand and appreciate it, but it's also kind of funny...just like the faces of each of my siblings here:

I particularly love the itty-bitty Casty McScowlface.

7 comments:

k8 said...

ha, remember how he used to also buy stuff on sale and then "save it for later".

Whits said...

When I saw the picture pop up in my facebook newsfeed I was like, I wonder why the girls got raisin brain and the boys got the good stuff. hahah.

CoCo said...

What happened to Elizabeth's hand/arm?

jess said...

we're made of the same stock. One year my mom gave us "gag" gifts of sugary cereal for Christmas.
We were way more excited about that than we should have been as 20 somethings.
Usually only Mike could get Mom to put that stuff in the grocery cart.

Ems said...

corey, elizabeth fell off her bike a while ago and broke her hand...she has been casted all summer :(

jess so true...

Elizabeth said...

in my defense i was only mcscowlface because you had just said "you look soooooooo teeny compared to the boys."

k8 said...

did you want to look like you were the same size as your gigantic brothers?