Thursday, August 28, 2008

easy to love

Roommate Naomi has been a follower of the blogging sisters cjane and NieNie but I really only had read when she'd sent me links. However, I've been glued to my computer the past few weeks anxiously awaiting updates and news since NieNie and her husband were both badly burned in a plane crash. Cjane has been writing really beautiful posts about the experience that have made me cry every time. And going through NieNie's archives I find her to be every bit as charming and amazing as a mother and a woman as the blogging world has said she is. I don't know these strangers, but I can't stop thinking about them and loving them and hoping for them.

So I'm thankful for the opportunity I have to help. There is a NieNei Recovery Fund you can donate to directly. But also, DesignMom has declared today NieNie Day and has organized all the blog auctions available through this weekend, and all the proceeds from the purchases will go directly to the Fund. I'm bidding on a couple of Emily's awesome bracelets (but if any of you outbid me, I will punch you).



In the middle of the millions of posts about trips and weekends or jokes about celebrities, what a great thing this internet can be...

6 comments:

Megan said...

Stephanie went to my high school. I never dared talk to her. i just coveted her hair and wished that i'd been as lucky as her to have a brother, sister, and 10 cousins all at the same school with me. I've been reading her blog for about a year and i'm more impressed now with her than i was back at phs. isn't it amazing how the blogging world is pulling together for her?

Meikel said...

I grew up with Nie's little sister, I love their family and I am so glad you have this up on your blog!

k8 said...

i've bid on a few things myself. and i gave some Tretorns to one of the auctions..

www.katietimothy.blogspot.com

frances said...

ok, this is wild! i, too, have never met these magical blogging sisters, but have been following them for a while now and totally feel like i know them. what a great thing the internet can be, indeed.

Greg and Jayne said...

Oh thanks Emily, reading and crying all afternoon.

MJ

i i eee said...

@megs: I've only met Nie in real life one time, and I remember talking about high school with her, and she said something about how she was a total brat in high school or something. ;)

It's been so great to see how everyone is coming together via the internet to help out with such a life-changing event. Next week is Fast Sunday, right? We should try to spread the word in our wards to keep the Nielsons in mind for prayers and fasting.