Wednesday, August 27, 2008

san francisco days

So let's get to me blabbing more about San Francisco!

I have yet to visit many awesome cities in this country but I've hit up some East Coast and some West Coast and one Midwest place and so far Seattle has been the number one place I would move to in a heartbeat. And there are lots of reasons but at the top is jackets and scarves. I love jackets and scarves. I love jackets so much that if there was a way I would marry all the jackets in the world and grow old surrounded by all of our scarf babies. So you probably know where this is going because San Francisco has all the benefits of jacket/scarf wearing but not the rain that messes with outside activities like bikes and sitting in the sun. Winner!

So here is my ode to the city of scarves and jackets.

Brittanie scarf at Dottie's for breakfast.

Seriously people, cold cans of soda everywhere (beanies are also in on the love for me).

Since I am nerdy about music I can say that seeing Radiohead with 60,000 other people at Golden Gate Park is pretty awesome and hallelujah for scarves and jackets there at night.

Kai wasn't wearing a scarf or a jacket but he lives there so he can have it anytime.

Wearing a jacket, Megan made a very smart boot choice on Haight and Ashbury.

When we were leaving Emily got double points for wearing a head scarf she got in Hippietown, U.S.A. and also for looking like a famous boarding the plane.


So thanks San Francisco, for being the perfect place and for renewing my summer lost love of all things layering in purpose. Maybe before jackets and I get married, we can get together and make out.

7 comments:

Dainon. said...

I think I comment way too much. Nonetheless, you need to talk more about how delicious Dottie's is. Because it SO is. I'd rather marry the menu than scarves. At least I'd die in love, fat and happy.

Ems said...

dainon you don't comment too much. and seriously, Dottie's was unreal. it was worth the like 45 minute wait at 7:30 in the morning. I wanted to be able to eat everything on the menu at once.

The Funderburks said...

Of course you love jackets and scarves - you look so darling in them!

Chad and Sara said...

Looks like a blast. Love the plane, it reminds me of Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman. Love your hat and scarfs but wierd to see someone wearing them cause its only August but thats San Fran for ya.

Dainon. said...

I hope you also got to see the dizzy man posing as a woman who danced the entire time we waited in line, even flashing us the occasional man nip in the process. Food AND entertainment! Double the tasty.

an illdressed foolishwise said...

this is maybe my fav blog post of yours ever....

umm and Dottie's was soo freakin delicious!!

marlamuppets said...

love the scarves!