Friday, May 23, 2008

gently take my skull for a ride

This Indiana Jones week has worn my old body out. But also, fun! We haven't started anything before 11:00 so I passed out like 1/2 hour into The Last Crusade the other night (which was fine cus I'd watched the second half on Sunday). I had to drink my weight in Diet Dr. Pepper yesterday to prepare for the 9:45 screening of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull we went to last night but boy was it worth it because Christopher actually did this.


The movie was fine, the jungle Tarzan branch swinging part should not have been allowed and hello, aliens? There were some eye-roll parts, but you know, whatever...Harrison Ford was awesome and I think Shia LaBeouf is a great choice for the future of Indiana Jones. Plus Marion!! I didn't know she was in it and I thought how she fit was really great.

But perhaps the best part of the evening came after the movie when everyone enjoyed what we will call "Stranger Corn".


Enjoying Stranger Corn, opened up Janelle's mind and eyes and she zeroed in on a giant candy bar in the theater (it wasn't opened, she had opened it at this point). It was like a Bible story candy bar because that Milky Way just kept feeding everyone and didn't run out.


This one is just (mostly) a joke. (For what it's worth, Kristen does always try to get Logan to think when we egg him on to do potentially harmful things)


And then outside we realized my brother must be an alien!!!!!!!!!!


6 comments:

Whits said...

hahahhahahahahaha

Dan said...

We were coming out of the earlier show at the same theater. We saw Chris and said hi--we loved the whole get-up. Too bad we missed the rest of the gang. Climbing soon?

JC said...

am I the only one that left that movie thinking, "they just don't make 'em like they used to"?

Dainon. said...

Sometimes I have a really quiet moment and then, out of nowhere, I'll think of Stranger Corn, and will start to laugh like a crazy person. You have brought joy into my soul. Thanks!

us said...

Okay so the tarzan monkey thing was a little much. I think I rolled my eyes a couple times too.

Chad and Sara said...

I couldn't agree with you more. Whats up with tarzan and aliens? Know how do I get my hands on that stranger corn? Love the head comparison.