Monday, May 12, 2008

trying not to think about time

I thought my California trip was going to be the best ever because when I got in we went to San Pedro and there was a movie crew filming THE FOURTH THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS MOVIE!!! I don't know what it will be called and I know Vin Diesel and Paul Walker are long gone, but as long as it is both fast and furious, I don't care about anything else.

But then I woke up the next day and after we watched the third Pirates of the Caribbean, which has too much Kira Knightly and is severely lacking in actual plot, I threw up all over the place. Fun! So this is what the rest of the day looked like.


Luckily I felt some better on Saturday so Jacob took me to a vintage dress shop hidden in the depths of LA.

No boys allowed because you just had to drop your clothes if you wanted to try stuff on. I didn't end up, but I did pay way more for this belt than I should have. I wish I had the guts to be like "oh thanks, nevermind." But I don't.

We also saw two California favorites, Becky and Corey with their trademark photo faces.

And went to The Fall (which was cool) in a theater OF THE FUTURE.


Another thing, the two times now I've been at Jacob's for Sunday family dinner everyone speaks Spanish to each other which is weird cus I feel like a new missionary again with the not understanding and whatnot. But then I remember I get to kiss and don't have to wake up at 6:30am and can listen to whatever music I want, so it's cool.

5 comments:

lilcis said...

I TOTALLY had that belt in like the 8th grade! That's vintage?!? Wow, I'm old.

Tasha said...

Please bless you don't throw up forever.

CoCo said...

What?! You kiss Jacob? My virgin ears!

Seriously. So fun to see you. And eat with the gays.

k8 said...

i think maybe my mission president meant YOU need to learn spanish.

an illdressed foolishwise said...

Umm, Emily!! I seriously have that belt!! I have it in pink and yellow and I got it at DI!! I am not kidding! I am bringing it to show you tomorrow!!

Emily.. its starting to get creepy...