Wednesday, May 21, 2008

the devil is in the details

You know how sometimes a thing that seemed totally awesome to you as a kid goes totally the opposite way when you revisit it as an adult? I'm looking at you Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. It's great, I mean, it is an Indiana Jones movie, but that Willie woman character BUGGED. I hope George Lucas doesn't Jar-Jar Binks up the newest movie and we can just count this one as the worst of the bunch. One more condescending 'hey sweetheart' out of Indiana Jones and I would have punched the television. I mean in the first one the only female character, Marion, is crazy...but she's like just a crazy person crazy, she not annoying and she's not a stereotypical version of a woman crazy.

I do think Short Round is great and I love how adorable it is when he and Indy hug after Indy has been possessed by the mysterious voodoo potion. I also love that Harrison Ford is without shirt during that whole scene. The ripping hearts out is still awesome as is the bridge fall with the crocodiles eating everyone. And I suppose Indiana getting all those kids out of the slave labor mine is nice. However, I am now looking even more forward to Nazis and Sean Connery tonight.

No comments: