Thursday, May 1, 2008

bikes, yikes!

So I know it can get annoying when someone starts doing something new and its all. they. talk. about. Like they invented it or something. So I try to limit my bike posts because

a) I didn't invent riding my bike to work,
b) I have so much other things to talk about, what with all the time I spend watching trashy TV and spilling food all over myself, and
c) you don't want to hear about it all the time.


But...I filled up my car a few days ago and I realized I was just 2 days short of going the whole month on one tank. One tank of gas! One month! I usually fill up once a week and at $45 a pop that get pricey. So riding my bike wins. I haven't been super great about riding the past week and a half because I've been rushing around a lot with finals, but I'm convinced I can easily squeak out a whole month for real. I love my bike and I've been pleasantly surprised that I enjoy riding it so much...that's what she said (sorry, I had to!).

And since I don't have pets or babies and my bike requires love and attention, I end up taking pictures of her places as we wait for trains and buses or as she's parked in my office and outside the library because she's just so cute.




7 comments:

JC said...

Nerd alert!

Abby Rose said...

Now I am internet stalking you!! I hope you are doing well Miss Emily. Come out and play with me, and sleep in my tree house. :)
Annnnnnd it's pretty cool that you are into bikes, your butt must be looking sweet!!!!

Tasha said...

She really is a beauty. And think of all the things you can buy on the internet with that cash you're saving. Because it is basically free money, right?

k8 said...

honestly i keep looking at my bike and getting a christmas eve-style thrill. so awesome.

Julie Knowlton said...

I love this post. It really got me thinking...one tank of gas a month. Brilliant.

The Fab Fabian Life said...

Okay seriously does your butt not hurt from that seat?? Props to you for saving our enviroment and some bucks!

CoCo said...

and it's great b/c your survival rate on a bike is higher than living. :)