Saturday, May 17, 2008

dress me like a clown

I was at my mom's house tonight and she showed me what I thought was the best invention ever.


It's a reusable lid you stick on the top of a soda can that isn't empty so you can keep it like, overnight without it going flat. So amazing! In an excited hurry I put it on my Diet Dr. Pepper...and then tried to get it off.



Then my mom tried, then her husband tried, then Elizabeth tried.


It wouldn't come off, it just ruined my drink. Worst invention ever.

8 comments:

Elizabeth said...

jayne said she ripped the can in half and it still wouldn't come off.

The Funderburks said...

Hi emily! your hair looks so long.

T.R. said...

I'm more intrigued by this new "Indiana Jones Flavor" Dr. Pepper.

Ems said...

hi nicole! it's getting longer-ish for sure!


and TR...it's Nazi blood.

Chad and Sara said...

Sad for the can and some inventions have to die hard(or be ripped apart). Cute shirt by the way.

Whits said...

that is the suck.

I love DDP.

CoCo said...

So Whit and I were at a gas station by my house last night and while paying for our 44 ounces of pleasure via sippy cup she points to the counter and says "Oh, that's Emily's can thing". So we start talking to the guy behind the counter about it and tell him it's impossible to pull off (N.B. I sort of attempted and struggled), and the determination for him to get that lid off was impressive. He totally did it. AND made it seem effortless.

MAYBE you need to take one of those hand grips to work and start strengthening your wrist and hand muscles. :)

Ashley said...

Anything that attempts to save the goodness that is Diet Dr Pepper is a good idea in my book-- even if the gap between theory and practice is quite the chasm.

Hope you're well. Let's hang out this summer. I'll be back soon.