Wednesday, May 21, 2008

things that make you go hmmmm

When my phone rings and it's a number I don't recognize I am always struck with fear. I worry it is a bill collector (though I have no outstanding bills for collection). I worry it is work with a disaster I have somehow created (though I am generally disaster free). Or I worry it is someone else from some unspecific place calling to get mad at me for some unspecific reason.

Usually unidentifiable numbers leave messages and the callers are people from church or friends calling from work numbers or something, but my oh my does it get my nerves going before I place the face behind those 10 digits.



Hopefully though I'm not the only one?

9 comments:

Kylie said...

You're not the only one. I too, do the same thing. My heart will seriously race!

Katie Elaine said...

me too!

*Jane Lee* said...

I'm probably the worst at this. We moved to a new house so people are calling me all time time (from the ward) that I don't know. I'm terrified that I'm going to get a horrible calling. I know, I'm not supposed to say that, but that's my fear. I'm calling free right now and I kinda like it. So far, I've just been invited to playgroups and fun things of that nature. PHEW!

Oh, this is Jane {Baranowski} Lee and I LOVE your blog. You always make me smile. :o)

Katy and Mike said...

Yeah, count me in on this one! It's not so much fear for me, it's that I don't really like talking on the phone in general, especially to people I don't know. In fact, I HATE cell phones! I would be so much happier if they didn't exist. In the old days someone would call you at home and if you didn't answer it was because you just weren't home. Now when someone calls and you don't answer they usually expect you to get back to them within the hour. I just don't need to be available 24/7, right?

k8 said...

heh heh, me too sister.

The Funderburks said...

When that happens to me, I am struck with curiosity and HAVE to answer.

Kristalyn said...

I almost NEVER answer my cell phone if I don't recognize the number...I figure if it's someone that is important, they will leave a message and I can call them back.

Anonymous said...

me too!

Megan said...

thats`why i rarely answer my phone. and i'm worse than you, i don't answer even when i know who it is, cause i'm afraid of what they'll say. Basically i figure the world is out to get me. usually it is. :-)