Friday, May 9, 2008

a sun came

I am in California for the next few days! This is my second time here in the past two months and the trip marks the forth time Jacob and I have seen each other in the four and a half months since he moved here. I don't feel much like posting details about him often here but let it be known that in my book he does in fact rank above bike riding and the other things that generally occupy my time.

We had been dating four months when he moved in December and while the idea of doing the long distance gig wasn't super exciting to either of us, neither was ending things, so after figuring out how it seemed to flow best for him and me, here we are flying back and forth as much as possible to spend a few days together. While of course I'd rather be able to see him much more daily, I have developed a total taste for that airport pick-up...there is nothing else on the planet like that moment of seeing each other for the first time after a long while apart. It helps make up for the crappy-ness of living in different states.


And also, California is awesome.

6 comments:

Callie said...

That's totally adorable. Good luck.

k8 said...

hooray for california! and jacob!

Anonymous said...

I think that awesome airport pickup feeling might get more awesome if you live farther apart. This is based on my brief research into my situation of an average of every six weeks and 5000 miles.

I don't recommend it for anyone.

CoCo said...

I have NO idea what you mean?! :)

Risa West said...

i agree about the airport pickup...mike and i had many because he worked far away and was out of town most of our courtship

Kristalyn said...

I'm sorry-long distance is no fun! But I'm happy that it sounds like you guys are making it work! It really makes you appreciate the time that you have together.