Monday, December 1, 2008

old friends/bookends

You know...this little blog is important to me in that I like to say things and I like the internet so I like saying things on the internet. And without much effort I seem to post something just about every weekday. So that coupled with the fact that Facebook is my only talent makes me sometimes worry that I am too wrapped up in it. But then a few weeks happen like that last few weeks where traveling and hanging out with my sister and Thanksgiving and real life butterflies in my tummy (and a What Not To Wear marathon) all meant I wasn't around here much. And my head didn't explode and neither did yours.

My thanksgiving was fine, it was mostly a delight to have Sterling and Megan around for a day or two and to see Megan's growing baby belly since she is pregnant with what will be the second CHILD OF THE FUTURE. Exciting! I can't wait for April!

With the new baby news on my mind, the few days before Thanksgiving I thought a lot about how much I have to be thankful for (cliche). Mostly I'm thankful I have a really great life and that no one I know was in Mumbai last week even though Dallas is currently in India. And I think until Christmas I'm going to take a picture of something I'm thankful for everyday and see at the end of each week what that means. I kind of accidentally ended up doing it last week, so here is the first version of the experiment...

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

Awww...look at me, it's all people! I'm such a way not materialistic person.

6 comments:

marlamuppets said...

LOVE this idea! i just might copy you and say i came up with it myself. j/k
life is good.
ps what not to wear makes me cry! because i like to wear whatever i want and i know i would get completely ROASTED at that show :)

Lizbot said...

Clever idea. And I want to know more about the real life butterflies in your stomach!

And FB is NOT your only talent. Pssssh!

Katie Elaine said...

yep, love the idea. and morgan is seriously beautiful. this combines great things - gratitude and photos. genius.

k8 said...

whatever, i saw greed and lust in your eyes when we were at H and M.

Dainon. said...

Isn't Dal in India still?

Elizabeth said...

aww i'm so glad to be on that list. even though i was getting murdered.