Thursday, December 4, 2008

nothing's gonna stop us now

Someone mislabeled a bunch of Journey songs on our music server at work. One of which I recognized from the first synthesized moment as the Starship classic, We Built This City.

I have a very distinct memory of loving that song at a very young age. Specifically I remember being in the car with my friend Alana and her mom on Pheasant Way and and the song coming on the radio. I thought the chorus was soooo awesome and that we weren't listening to it loud enough. So right now I'm listening to it loud enough.

But this is a terrible video. I'm glad I was never older than eight in the 80s.

4 comments:

Angie said...

This song does totally rule.

Katie Elaine said...

that was one of my favorite first songs, too! along with "sweet dreams" by Eurythmics and "head over heels" by Tears for Fears... awesome. (and i still rock out to the song your title came from - love it!)

k8 said...

If this WORLD runs out of lovers, WE still have each other...

april said...

Ha! I'm with Katie, this song and "sweet dreams" were two favorite songs between my friend Margeaux and I. We used to put on our roller skates and do pairs skate dances to them.