Wednesday, July 23, 2008

next to you

Last night I think Logan and Kristen and I were the last three people on the planet to see The Dark Knight. It was brilliant for many many reasons, none of which I will bore you with right now.

When we got out of the movie near midnight it looked and smelled like it had rained outside. For a few days the weather has been threatening a summer rain, once or twice spitting out a bit but nothing really substantial anywhere I've ever been in the valley. But it seemed like it was going to come last night because of that heavy feeling in the air like it wanted to burst, like it needed to burst. I sat on my porch for a while and watched some spectacular lightning and listened to the kind of thunder that scares me. Some huge, thick drops came for a minute but nothing like the downpour I was hoping for. And today there isn't a cloud in the sky unfortunately...so I guess I'll have to wait a little longer for it.

But it all felt like this...

2 comments:

an illdressed foolishwise said...

last night was truly magical..

i sat on the porch as well.. well, my little back patio thing and i left my window open when i went to sleep.. it was wonderous!

k8 said...

i think boston is getting all the rain you wish you were getting. that's all it's done for four days. rain rain rain rain.