Thursday, June 5, 2008

strangers in the wind

The best thing about living in a place where people stick around/visit regularly is that you get to maintain some old friendships. It has just so happend to be that I've seen a few of those lately.

Last Friday sort of last minute I ended up grabbing dinner with Jef, and while we've been friends since elementary school, I mostly stay friends with him because I love his parents so much. But he only stays friends with me cus he likes Jayne so much so we're even!

Then earlier this week I had lunch with these two favorites.


(Brittany, Joel was totally bummed out to hear that you are on child number three, cus you know...9th grade, short-lived relationships die hard.)


After the 5th grade rollerskating party Nate said something mean about me to Chris Roberson on the bus ride home. But then when Brad Curtis' date got sick last minute I invited him to join Nate and me on our sophomore year Monster Mash date and paid more attention to Brad...so we decided we're even.


There is law school and soon to be med school mixed in with those boys, but I kind of love that in both situations I still mostly felt like I was just sitting in the C-wood courtyard eating lunch...being unnecessarily teased.

7 comments:

JC said...

I think people should know that you ASKED me to make that face

Ems said...

hey everyone, I ASKED Jef to make that face (it's my favorite one though just for the record).

k8 said...

hey emily, maybe now that the boys your age are adults i should start dating them?

JC said...

Hey Katie, remember that time at Emily's when I asked where someone like me could meet someone like you?

Ems said...

Jef is in law school Katie...and lives closer to you than not. AND...he thinks I'm like Liz Lemon, but it's only cus he doesn't know you well. we might be on to something people!

Brittany said...

I am just bummed that I wasn't invited to this lunch with Joel and Nate! I think I've seen Joel 2 times since high school. I would agree that this third child really puts me out of reach for Joel though, you know when it's just one or two it's like what's the big deal?

The Fab Fabian Life said...

How funny to see pics of those boys-- they look so old :) oh wait we are all getting older! Well I am glad there is still one of the girls that is cool enough for the boys to still hang out with!