Tuesday, June 3, 2008

crash into me

I got to work this morning, turned on my computer, opened up my e-mail and started to download new messages while I chatted with co-workers about So You Think You Can Dance. Some kind of error warning showed up, which I didn't really read, but I get one of those occasionally and it doesn't mean anything, so I just hit okay or whatever it told me to do. Apparently though, it did mean something and erased my whole account. All 1,000 e-mails I had floating around that inbox, all my contacts, all my current projects, everything gone. At first I didn't stress out because like seriously, it seems like you can always recover stuff...only on stupid TV shows does crap like that happen where you can wipe out an entire computer with one click.

But it just happened.

So I ate a cookie.

And I might be slightly grumpy today.

2 comments:

Naomi said...

There must be something in the air today. While teaching, I got the Windows blue screen of death and my heart almost stopped as I relived my HP nightmare.

Abby Rose said...

SUUUUUUUUUCK!!!