Monday, June 16, 2008

re: stacks

Last week was a week. So thankfully, this past weekend was so kind.

I caught up with my dear friend Kai before he takes off for a new job in San Francisco then fell asleep early in my bed while watching Harold and Maude. I ran seven miles in the mountains and felt my lungs and legs alive. I napped on my couch and Danny brought me lunch. Logan caught a lamb and Elizabeth got her skirt chewed by a cow. My dad was dressed like this:



I dug deeper into You Shall Know Our Velocity and remembered that I just love Dave Eggers. I ate Mexican food with friends to celebrate Kim's birthday and then slept and slept some more. Janelle and I took a Sunday morning walk and I felt good about the lesson I taught in Relief Society. We gave my dad a KitchenAid because he loves to kitchen and because we love him a lot. And after playing some dominos at Kristina's house last night I rode my bike around the block a couple of extra times to listen to this twice through.

My cute neighbor Kate introduced me to Bon Iver this past winter and I am so pleased she did because I sometimes create a lot of noise inside my head and his quiet music requires moving all that junk out of the way. There are other songs on the album that have had more play up to now, but this one caught me last week on a bus ride and I've been listening to it over and over ever since.

Thank goodness for so many beautiful things.

UPDATE: well hot damn, looks like Dainon and I are on the same wave length. I just watched it twice in a row and it's amazing.

1 comment:

k8 said...

i am still cracking up at dad. he said old ladies like getting their pics taken with him.