Thursday, June 26, 2008

paper kitten nightmare

I just made an impulse purchase and I can't wait to get my grubby hands on all of it.


It's 25 sheets of stationary and 85 envelopes made from recycled maps. Once upon a time the paper to envelope ratio would have seemed off to me, but I feel like now I often have far more envelope purposes than stationary purposes (in fact, some of them look they could be perfect for sending mixes in the mail!). It's a lot of stuff still but as my mother's daughter, I believe I have learned to use, use, use when it comes to notes and pretty paper because otherwise, what's the point of having it? I have shed the days of horde, horde, horde like my elementary school self did with the likes of any Sanrio crap I came into. I would hate to use any of a Hello Kitty stationary set and instead liked to carefully arrange it in my desk at school and then sometimes look at it. Why are little kids so weird?

But yay for cool stuff from the internet! Send my your address and I'll send you something in one of my envelopes/write you something on one of my stationary sheets!


(by the way I'm totally supposed to be writing a paper right now that is due in like 8 hours)

6 comments:

CoCo said...

Give me your address, I'll put you on my route. -Duckie Dale

Tasha said...

Yay! Great purchase, Em. They are so great and I noticed in the description that no sets are exactly alike, which is a seller for sure.

Risa West said...

i think mike would love this...he might not use it though and just look at it in adoration. he LOVES maps! i'm so glad you posted this

Whits said...

I did the same thing! I had SO much sanrio crap. You wouldn't believe it. I NEVER used it. I finally got rid of it a couple years ago and chuckled to myself how many allowances went to purchasing hello kitty paraphanelia.

Amanda said...

You totally just took me back to our note writing obsession days. Remember the little Hello Kitty note pads we would fill with endless conversations about boys and gossip? And speaking of hording Hello Kitty stationary, I actually had a pad of note paper with little hello kitty tabs on it until a few months ago when my two year old ripped all the kitties off and cut up all the paper with his alligator scissors (which he is obsessed with cutting things with). He was ripping and cutting with such joy that I didn't even stop him. I don't even know why I kept it all these years except that every time I looked at it, I would reminisce about 5th-8th grade. We were so silly.

Ems said...

so silly, yet SO awesome! I believe you and I passed notes everyday of 7th grade didn't we? I've had a box full of them and every time I sort through or am moving or something I read through and downsize. oh Jordan Jones!!