Tuesday, March 4, 2008

yippie-kay-yay mother(bad word)

When I went to visit Sterling and Megan in Baltimore this past fall, it came up over dinner one night that I had never seen Die Hard (or Die Hard 2 or 3 or Live Free Or Die Hard). Up to that point I had never thought seeing the Die Hard movies would increase my quality of life. However, Sterling and Megan insisted they would so we went immediately to a Blockbuster and rented the original Die Hard and watched straightaway. Luckily for me, Sterling and Megan both knew when all the best lines were so I didn't accidentally miss any of them ("Take THIS under advisement, jerkweed!").

And you know what? It really is a great movie because everything makes total sense and it is really realistic and I appreciate that kind of honesty in a movie.

So at my office we have a bunch of movies on the server and there is a folder with ALL FOUR DIE HARD MOVIES!!!! Currently, I am 40 minutes into Die Hard 2: Die Harder and here are my thoughts so far:

-Thank goodness John McClane is in New York right now!!!
-But oh no his wife is on a plane!!!
-I opened another window over the screen for a couple minutes and only heard gunshots the entire time
-I feel another funny, black sidekick coming on...

2 comments:

JC said...

seriously...Die Hard rocks. In order of coolness: #3, #1, #4, #2

Ems said...

interesting...I will hold off my ranking order until after I've watched them all, but its good to know you've seen the whole set.