Tuesday, March 18, 2008

california stars - second round

About six years ago Christopher and I helped move Katie to California the first time she moved there. Driving a van full of stuff to Huntington Beach was one of those experiences that was fun, but is way more fun to look back on. Mostly cus Christopher was SO grumpy the whole trip so that's funny now and then one night he and I built a nest out of suitcases and boxes and stuff and pretended to be asleep in it when Katie walked in (I realize that is NOT funny, but you'd be laughing right now if you were Christopher or Katie). The three of us thought it was hilarious. Also on that trip one of us, I believe Christopher, had recently come across an EP with that 'California' song by Phantom Planet on it so we listened to that a lot on the drive and didn't really know any of the words except the chorus when he's like "caliFORNIA! Here we cooooooome!" so we sang along with that really loudly.

The long, stupid point is, ever since that trip I just always think of that chorus when I write out the word California.

That's it.

Sorry, but I spent 20 minutes writing that out so I'm not getting rid of it now.

Anyway...MORE LA PICTURES!!!

take that, Spoon Me

more Jacob, this time at the beach

Do you see the specks low to the brush? They were flies and we realized were sitting directly in their gross path.

Wayfarers Chapel

I think a mean trick the Wrights played on one of their sons was naming him Lloyd. Because inevitably when you say "Oh Lloyd Wright designed this chapel" the person you're talking to is going to say "You mean Frank Lloyd Wright?" And you have to say "No...I mean just Lloyd Wright." Like those kids didn't already have too much to live up to, you name the one who is going to end up being an architect Lloyd.

But just Lloyd Wright did a fine job with the chapel and from it you see this, which is pretty amazing.

I'm lucky I had such a great Los Angeles tour guide with me.

4 comments:

k8 said...

ah the nest. that was the cutest.

jen said...

where is spoon me...I need to taste that! I need to try Pinkberry too! I'm so behind!

Ems said...

Jen, you DO need to try Spoon Me (it's just like Pinkberry, they're all the same). It's in Salt Lake on 4th South, right next to the Cafe Rio and it's good.

Dainon. said...

Spoon Me tastes better than Pinkberry. So there.