Thursday, March 27, 2008

american tune

Every since the adorable Ms Beckie posted about a particular American Idol contestant a few weeks ago, I may or may not have become a little obsessive about it this season. And I think it was coming anyway because my sister-in-law's maiden name is Archuleta and she lives in Murray, so about 3 times a day she gets asked if she's related to that little David Archuleta kid (she's not). So I kept meaning to see what all the hype was about anyway, but after I watched what Beckie had posted I couldn't stop with just Brooke White and David Archuleta (give it up for Mo-mos!), I of course had to watch clips of everyone. Mason at work watches it religiously so Wednesday and Thursday after I've caught up via YouTube clips, we discuss...you know our feelings, our disappointments (why is Kristy Lee Cook still around?), our hopes, our fears, our dreams.

Today I also Wikipediaed all the past seasons, so as it turns out, I know a lot about American Idol past and present if anyone else needs a catch-up...

3 comments:

Whits said...

I'm totally the same about AI. I get obsessive about it. I started 3 years ago during my first year of law school. I feel like its such a guilty pleasure but everyone I know watches it! So I figure its okay, right?

I'm beginning to be a big david cook fan. Love archuleta and brooke though.

Ems said...

see...I just can't get behind david cook, something about him bugs me still.

shouldn't you totally love michael johns though miss australia (I do)?

k8 said...

my roommate was REALLY into season 1 so we watched that religiously (remember how i had no friends at the time?) and then a different roommate was super into it too so i know way, way more about AI then I ever intended....