Saturday, March 8, 2008

goin' to acapulco

I am at least six months to a year behind on all things movie and music so just this week have I been listening obsessively to the I'm Not There soundtrack. I still haven't seen the movie but I am slowly working my way through all the Oscar nominated stuff (of 2006).

But I like that Bob Dylan quite a bit and I like covers so this stuff is right up my alley. This particularly is getting my attention this cloudy afternoon and it further proves to me that I'd kiss Jim James right on the mouth if presented with the opportunity.

Here is the original
for reference. The first time I ever heard it I thought Dylan said something about humping the well when it breaks, but it's pumping, which really makes far more sense.

1 comment:

Dainon. said...

JJ is constantly good, but I gotta give props up to Calexico for that sweet, sweet horn section. They seem to sound good with whoever they back, making them the more horn-y equivalent of, oh, Emmylou Harris.