Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Bathroom 2, my office

Public restrooms have the potential to creep me out because I'm afraid of strangers walking in. The bathroom at my office doesn't hold that same kind of fear because it's a nice little one with two stalls.

My issue with it is entirely different. The light in it is set on a timer you can turn on for 5, 10, 20, or 30 minutes. If the light is off when I walk in I smack one of the buttons and I'm set. Sometimes the light is already on in which case I don't even think about it. But occasionally, in the middle of my bathroom visit the light goes out. And I don't think there is an eerier feeling than being in a bathroom stall with the lights out. Then of course there is the whole Bloody Mary with the mirror thing that I still can't really handle even as an adult, not to mention the awkwardness of someone else walking in and realizing I'm in there alone...in the dark. The whole experience is a big no thanks.

5 comments:

lilcis said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only person who still holds onto a Bloody Mary phobia! It was the one slumber party game that I refused to play. To this day, whenever I wake up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom I am absolutely terrified of accidentally looking in the mirror while I wash my hands.

Lexie said...

I thought I was the wierdo who wouldn't look in the mirror in the dark. I'm glad I'm not alone!

Chad and Sara said...

Hey Emily, Its Sara Call(Burdett). I found your blog and would love to keep in touch. I have my blog on private so email me at mooloosurf@msn.com and give me your email so I can add you. I am still afraid to look in the mirror in the dark thanks to Bloddy Mary. Hope you don't mind me checking in every now and then.

heidikins said...

I have the same Bloody Mary paranoia! No dark bathrooms for me, thankyouverymuch.

Megan said...

oh my gosh. I have the bloody mary issue too. Plus, I'm afraid of bathrooms and sewer lines in general because of that creepy show "IT" that I never should have seen as a 13 year old child. Clowns in the sewer, and bloody mary in the mirror is bad--hit the 30 minute timer every time you go in just for good measure.