Thursday, April 17, 2008

good lovin outside

When I was looking for a messenger bag Naomi suggested checking out Sierra Trading Post. I found a totally awesome and huge Timbuk2 for $50 AND got free shipping. Deal!


Since then those Sierra people keep sending me e-mails about more deals...an extra 20% of hiking gear or 10% off shoes or clearance or whatever. And I keep looking at stuff and filling my cart with things that I'm sure I could use if I knew anything about being outdoors.

In my house growing up we didn't camp. We like, read books. I mean we had lots of fun and went on family vacations to grandparents' houses in California and Idaho and I know both my parents appreciate nature. But church Girls' Camp was about the only time I slept in the wilderness (unless I can count sleeping on trampolines cus I totally did TONS of that). My brothers all seemed to learn the craft though and now that I'm 26 I probably could have figured it out by now if I really wanted to.

So this year people, I have decided this year will be my summer of camping success. I totally have a roommate who does that crap, and I own a freakin' Subaru! I have to camp! Or be a lesbian!*







*I don't want to be a lesbian.

10 comments:

k8 said...

i need one of those bags. i can't keep carrying my RYKA backpack around. sweet color.

CoCo said...

Let me know when you want to meet at the Grand Canyon and camp. Seriously.

Megan said...

I would so camp with you if it weren't for my current situation. In my opinion the best thing about camping is the food. You're gonna need a dutch oven or at least a lot of marshmallows and chocolate. Maybe I'll just meet you at your camp spot for dinner. And about not really knowing how to camp, being willing to go is all there is to it. Just take a long some smart friends.

Katy and Mike said...

Every year we go on a 4th of July backpacking trip, and we try to get as many people to come as possible! You should definitely come this year! We're only doing two nights, so it would be a great intro to backpacking for you. Seriously, let me know if you want to come. We're going to the Uintahs this year, and it will be beautiful!

Tracy said...

I want to invite myself along on one of your camping expeditions. In fact, I'm going for it, right now: Emily, can I come on one of your camp-outs?

Julie Knowlton said...

Finally! Someone agrees with me that camping is for lesbians!

I am totally kidding. I love camping.

Ems said...

katy and coco I am in for both trips! megan you can totally just come for dinner. but tracy you can be my date since julie is too good for the gays.

us said...

You make us laugh!!!

Whits said...

Mike drives a subaru and we always make fun of him for being a lesbian. which is physically impossible but still really funny.

oh and plus one of his friends put a soccer mom sticker on the back of his car. classic.

JC said...

I saw this and immediately thought of you