Tuesday, June 30, 2009

no more shoes

Recently a boy asked Naomi how many pairs of shoes she owns. She had no exact number, no real idea, so she counted. Thirty-five (or was it thirty-eight Naomi?). I figured I must be somewhere around the same considering Naomi has a significantly higher number of heals and dress shoes than me. Plus I don't feel like I have a lot of shoes.

I started counting and then stopped counting after 50 because then I was embarrassed.

I know I have asked friends before how many pairs of shoes they have but I don't remember now the outcome. But with Naomi bringing it up again, I'm curious again. I know there are extremes on both ends of a lot and not a lot, but I'm wondering about the middle...mostly because I think Naomi's in the middle and I'm in the middle. Right?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

right

Naomi said...

So actually the number is 36 SPRING & SUMMER & FALL shoes, which obviously doesn't count winter boots, etc., so really, I'm probably right around the 50 pair mark as well.

Katy and Mike said...

I have to say that I'm pretty proud of myself for only having 19 pair(including winter boots, slippers, bike shoes, etc.), but I also have to admit that when we moved 2 years ago I had 50+. Mike gave me such a hard time about how many I had that I ended up giving most of them to D.I. Don't you think it should count for something that I've managed to maintain a sub 20 count for over 2 years?!

us said...

You and Naomi both have me beat by a long shot! :)

heidikins said...

...I have over 180 pairs of shoes, and that doesn't count "specialty" shoes for sporty activities.

Can we still be friends?

xox

Mimi said...

Too many to count and proud of it!!!!!

Suzanne said...

18 total

Risa West said...

i am almost always somewhere around 50...i get rid of some and acquire some more