Friday, February 20, 2009

silvertiles

So since the cake plates and the cloth stamping went well, it seemed high time to get a little craft on. Since I like the idea of a semi-consistent gathering of amazing women in order to create something useful and/or develop a skill, I hope to do this a lot more this year (e-mail me if you are interested). I can't say enough about how great the DIY projects are on Design*Sponge, especially those of Derek and Lauren. I love the simplicity, ease and utilitarianism of their stuff.

Which is why I was drawn to this little mosaic project.

And what do you know, it was really pretty simple to tile. You do need a good couple of hours between the glue stage and the grout stage, so we didn't get to see any final, final projects last night, but it was still a great success.

I loved how clean and simple Egan's pattern looked.

Emily, Janelle and Cindy came with broken up plate tiles, which was really cool. This is Em with hers glued in but pre-grout still.

Rebecca using all the colors

Nate stopped by after a basketball game but was just in time to help Tasha with her "T" tray.

I am always, always excited to see what Cindy will come up with at these things and she's always amazing.

I've been looking at color studies lately so I liked the idea of making color lines. I still have to make mine though because I was too busy talking to craft (shocker).

All the ladies (see how I called Nate a girl right there?)

And frankly, this is the real reason behind an evening like last night...laughing faces. I was so delighted both Meikel and Frances could make it and then that there was time for some good Janelle stories (Janelle isn't in the picture but was in the process of telling a great story).

Fantastic.

7 comments:

Brittany said...

These kind of remind me of some of the dishes I have eaten sushi out of. I know you are a fan of sushi now, so that is just another idea for its use!

Megan said...

um, i love your craft nights with my whole soul. keep this up. and seeing a laughing tasha and knowing that you were probably laughing too whilst snapping pictures makes me really want to be there.

i i eee said...

It was fun to see the crafting in action. Cindy's project looks great. I like the color lines you have lined up too.

Dainon. said...

Tasha is wearing my Iron and Wine shirt. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

{jane} said...

ummm, i am blog stalking via your sis katie, and would LOVE to be in on the DIY girls craft extavaganza! can I ask where oh where do you live???

Meikel said...

That last picture makes me really happy, that was a tremendous evening! Can't wait to do it again!

Shelby said...

I most definately with all my heart wish to be involved in your next crafty/DIY project. Those are my lifeblood.