Friday, November 14, 2008

hey muscles I love you

Perhaps you remember my desire to move myself into the those people category with the one hundred push-up challenge. But actually, like 5 days into it both Naomi and I crapped out. So whatever, my own laziness crushed my dreams.

However, in her ever present quest to increase physical toughness and her internet browsing talent, Naomi ran across a little thing called The 30 Day Shred.

And while I have no need of the losing 20 pounds in 30 days part, getting Jillian's awesome arms in 30 days is something I do need cus I'm totally the person who stinks at doing weights or anything but cardio workouts (oh yeah, and for the past 2 months I've stunk at doing ANY workouts at all).

So Naomi ordered it and we egged each other on as roommates should, and now we're almost 3 weeks into THE SHRED. I learned from my push-up experience to not post about something hastily which is why I am only mentioning it now because see, I totally didn't crap out on this one.

And it's cool, it's exhausting and that Jillian is as mean on the video as she is to the biggest losers but it's just because she wants us to get great abs!! I have definitely noticed my endurance and strength increase even if I'm not necessarily seeing it right now. Joel did remind me last night that change takes time and he still thinks its great we're doing it (thanks dad) so I realize that's true. Nate has been a big support too as evident by Naomi's recent post about him watching me SHRED.

The DVD is like $11 and the workout is just 25 minutes (even though the higher levels kind of do make you want to throw up). So how about you all get it too and then we can really be some of those people who have toned arms and say things like "this is fear leaving the body" (she really says that once and I HATE it every time).

3 comments:

marlamuppets said...

i just bought it on amazon.
we'll see if i crap out or not! thanks for the post!!!! i need something to do in the winter in this frozen place!

CoCo said...

I love this workout video/DVD. It's especially great on days I can't get to the gym and know that I won't motivate myself to go for that run. I'm not a fan of workout DVDs, but this one I like. Can't wait to see those wicked shredded arms of yours!

k8 said...

purchased. if it comes in time you won't even miss a day on vacation!