Friday, November 7, 2008

i must belong somewhere

Last night I showed Joel a shirt I was going to buy for a friend's birthday that had bikes on it because he loves bikes. Joel said if he was going to get me a shirt with something on it that I love it would be Facebook.

Which is a TOTAL roast.

I have to figure out a way to a) get some hobbies, and b) make sure people know about my hobbies.

But then also, I do love the internet. I love to buy crap from the internet. And I love to read about crap on the internet. So when I can buy crap from places I love to read it's a win/win for me (or so I thought until I was presented with it possibly being the one thing I'm good at in this world). I pretty much check out Jessica Jones' How About Orange daily and when I recently visited her Etsy shop too, I found a great little treat for my desk at work.

It's adorable and it was $10 and yeah...I'll probably dedicate a Facebook album to it.

7 comments:

Alison said...

I'm not on facebook. If I were, I'd add you as my friend. But I am on Etsy everyday. EVERYDAY. And just the other day looking for a cute mouse pad! MAH! Because why buy ANYTHING unless it's cute? Right.

Tasha said...

Em, you are better at the internet than anyone I know, which is intended to be completely complimentary. Seriously. How would I ever find things to buy and read and look at and make without you? Not to mention learning all sorts of stuff about real live people. And I'm certainly not the only one who benefits from your skills.

Besides, what does Dr. Joel know?

marlamuppets said...

i LOVE etsy - i recently discovered these...
fun.
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=16721551

and i love facebook.

and it's ok to love facebook.

:)

ps the boys only tease you cuz they like you!

Anonymous said...

dearest emily c.-

please, oh please do not be ashamed of loving the interweb. you are not alone and joel is jealous of your mad skills.

much love,

emily usedtobec. but now e.

k8 said...

the difference between you and an internet geek is you use the web to make your real life cuter.

Greg and Jayne said...

And besides all that, when I describe you, I talk about your handwork and music taste and school - the interweb is just a tool to find fun stuff and keep in touch - which what really matters to you.

Ems said...

hey thanks friends (and family). it's good to know I'm not totally worthless.