Thursday, April 30, 2009

influence

I realized this morning while listening to Mike Levitt explain on the radio how we're sort of prepared for a pandemic, but not really prepared (sweet!), that I have yet to come up with a disease plague emergency plan.

I've discussed with my family extensively how to react if (when) zombies attack. Basically, I get Naomi and her Costco supply of food, move upstairs to Joel and Nate's, blockade their front stairs and kick out the back stairs. We then take turns smashing heads of threatening zombies until it's safe enough to ride bikes to Christopher and Tasha's where they totally have real food storage, lots of baseball bats, and neighbors old enough to take out and slowly feed to zombies until Will Smith saves us.

We have basically the same plan if a natural disaster like an earthquake happens, just without the part about smashing in zombie heads (but hopefully with the part about Will Smith saving us). But all this disease talk has gotten me thinking about a reasonable reaction to the whole world dying from Swine Flu. Which makes me think that for the millionth time in my life I'm thankful that as a 12 year old I watched "The Stand" mini-series on TV and had it infused in my brain that only a few will survive. So really, I've just got to figure out how to become a compelling enough character to be worth staying mysteriously alive when everyone else around me dies. I'm not sure being good at the internet will do it, and guys...I am no Gary Sinise.

So I've got a lot of work to do.

7 comments:

heidikins said...

Um, this totally just made my day.

Love it!

xox

Sra said...

Love it!

I think we might have gone to the same high school, maybe, but not actually known each other, but I might have actually been in the same year as Christopher, and not actually known him either.

But I'm not a creepy stalker type, I swears. I just know heidikins. And the internet is a small world.

Naomi said...

Yeah, we are zombie food for sure because seriously I don't know if I trust Nate or Joel with our lives.

k8 said...

you have to go to nursing school!!!! if you have medical expertise you survive.

becky said...

i think you're safe. the one's you expect to be triumphant in the end usually die first. so just make sure to ACT like you don't know what you're doing.

Greg and Jayne said...

Is it like Survivor? Do we get voted off or just have our turn with the zombies/swine/caving buildings or whatever? Maybe we'll need moms, I can do that. Or research papers, will we need those?

lady ace said...

you shouldn't have gone into so much detail about your plan because now i'm thinking of ways i can mess with your plan and get naomi's costco food and swing by chris & tasha's and take off with everything they have.