Friday, May 27, 2011

roses from my friends

It's been almost 3 years since I reconnected with my old friends Nate and Joel and they moved into the apartment above Naomi and me on E Street. In that time as neighbors I don't know how many times both Naomi and I were tired and desperately wanting to go to bed but were paralyzed with laughter because the two of them were singing in our kitchen or riding bikes in our living room, or maybe lying in one of our beds. It was really mostly fun and awesome (even if sometimes a little annoying) and we became not just old friends, but current friends. I assumed coming over and eating my food or making jokes would fade once the convenience ended when Nate got married and moved and then for sure after Naomi and I moved too.

But luckily...we stayed friends. And Nate sold us our condo, and Aaron plays soccer on a team with Joel and Nate and I found myself 2 weeks ago, sitting in my kitchen with Aaron, both of us desperately wanting to go to bed but paralyzed with laughter because Nate and Joel were just being Nate and Joel.


Can't wait to see what happens once babies get up in the mix.

2 comments:

Naomi said...

Oh, I miss them.

Bebe McGooch said...

Is that your kitchen wall? I so love the chalkboard paint, and the pot storage!