Tuesday, May 17, 2011

basic space

Over the weekend Aaron and I celebrated our one year anniversary. We reminded ourselves that we recently gifted each other a condo, so while we have tennis lessons on the horizon, we kept year one pretty mellow with a morning trail run, a stroll through Red Butte Garden and dinner at the delicious Copper Onion (people in Salt Lake, go to there).

We did make it special cus all day I wore my wedding shirt,

and Aaron wore his wedding shoes.

Back at six months I said we'd managed to have it pretty easy up to then, and I think we wrapped up the second half of the year pretty much the same way.

I do feel like in the past six months more and more I have seen that Aaron and I are very different from each other in so many ways...more than just tastes and interests, our frames of reference rotate on different angles. Yet at the same time, more and more I also see how we are morphing into some sort of singular unit; I 'we' us all the time in conversation because I feel comfortable that we feel the same way about where we are headed and decisions we are making (and that Batman Begins is the standard against which all other comic book movies are rated).

It's incredible to me that being opposite and growing together can exist in the same space, but I'm thankful for it. And I'm thankful that with one year down we've still got tons ahead of us to go.

4 comments:

k8 said...

hey i'm wearing my utah necklace today : )

Callie said...

Happy Anniversary and Congrats on one year. Good news - it just keeps getting better. :)

RJW said...

OMG guys!!

us said...

Well said. Happy Anniversary. Love the shirt!