Wednesday, January 5, 2011

make it up

In part because we had a lot of volume in gift-giving this last Christmas (I work in an office of 15 people and everyone gets everyone gifts every year), and in part because we were trying to be smart with our spending, Aaron and I turned to making some of our gifts.

I decided that since there are only 6 nieces and nephews I could knit beanies and I'm surprised I actually did it (cus poor time manager). Oldest cousins Morgan and Garrett got red beanies and Wyatt got blue so the brothers would be opposite.

Morgan looking cute

I went with the same design and colors for Anna, Luke, and Livie except that the girls got pink.

Livie looking cute.

For some friends, family and co-workers we did an extension of the reusable produce bags we made in Feburary for Kristina's wedding. Aaron and I measured the size of the little plastic bags you get at the grocery store and made our drawstring muslin bags that same size.

Aaron picked a font, made a stencil (with Christopher's help) and we spray painted the bags with the word FRESH.

I made tags and we filled some with oranges and rolled up the rest.


For my little primary class kids, I bought IKEA clip frames and scrapbook paper and framed cards from Persimmon & Pink for them.

And for neighbors and some church peeps we made a crapton of my mom's delicious caramel corn. I did have to throw away the 'merry christmas!' tags I made and redid them as happy new year tags since we were behind on running those around (cus poor time managers).

Though we still have straggler bags to get out, I think it was an overall Christmas success (even as poor time managers)!

7 comments:

Kersten said...

I love your beanie pattern -- very cute! Any chance the delicious caramel corn recipe is for sharing?

Anne said...

Those beanies are seriously cute! I love the produce bags too. Maybe some day I'll make my own (but probably not).

Jamie said...

Hey I think they lost my re-usable produce bgs in the mail! They never came..no really they are adorable! Good job Emily!

Greg and Jayne said...

Such a great girl you are.

Brittany said...

Even if you had to re do the tags I am impressed!

us said...

You never cease to amaze me. That's what I love about you. Way impressive Em!

Mimi said...

The bags are so fun. thanks! Livie loves her hat. She walks around the house with it on.